- From: June 6, 2018
- To: June 7, 2018
- Starting at: 10:00 AM
- Finishing at: 05:00 PM
- $ 418.00
- Sunshine Plaza (Office Tower)
- 91 Bencoolen Street, #06-04
(Please kindly contact us at +65 6829 7253 prior to your booking.)
The business environment is full of agreements between businesses and individuals. While oral agreements can be used, most businesses use formal written contracts when engaging in operations. Written contracts provide individuals and businesses with a legal document stating the expectations of both parties and how negative situations will be resolved. Contracts also are legally enforceable in a court of law. Contracts often represent a tool that companies use to safeguard your resources!
The objective(s) of this course is to provide clear understanding on commercial contract law, the application and the aspects of the Singapore contract law for non- Legal professionals.
– Definition of ‘offer’ and ‘acceptance’.
– Definition of an objective ascertained intention to be bound.
– How offer may be terminated by various ways of withdrawal prior to acceptance.
– Definition of ‘acceptance’,
– Acceptance communication to offeror and certainty.
– Completeness of an enforceable contract.
– General understanding of the Electronic Transaction Act (‘ETA’) and its application.
– The definition of ‘consideration’.
– When does the promissory estoppel applies.
– The necessity and the intention of creating legal relationship and what is the presumption of intention to be legally bound in a commercial arrangement.
– Terms of the contract.
– Distinction between term or representation.
– Implied terms, classification of terms and exception clauses.
– Unfair contract terms and the unfair contract terms act.
– Contract with minors, minors’ contract act.
– The third party enforcement of contract rights and its application.
Training Duration: 2 days (10a.m – 5p.m)
– Fee: $418 (You Pay S$0 after Skillsfuture subsidy)
– Eligible for CSP & WTS scheme
– Supporting Public Agency: Skillsfuture Singapore
– Suitable Job Level: Managerial, Supervisory, Operational, PMETs & Entrepreneurs.
– Course Materials + 2 Lunch provided.
– Email Booking: Charis Soh (Director, Operations) email@example.com
– Please kindly contact us at +65 6829 7253 / +65 6747 2707 prior to your booking.
*Meet the Facilitator*
Roy Goh (Mr.)
LL.B (Hons.), FCMI, MSID, ASIArb
Roy Goh is an Entrepreneur by training with more than 10 years of commercial business experiences. Roy possesses extensive diversified qualifications in business and law. His diverse qualifications include, Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Certificate in Contract Law (Harvard Law School) and LL.B (Hons.) from the University of Essex respectively .
Roy’s in-house legal practices mainly focus on contractual risk management and advises on preliminary internal dispute resolution in relations to contractual disputes. Roy is also the General Counsel overseeing the aspect of collaborative and employment contractual drafting, commercial contract drafting, contract negotiation, advising the company on corporate, business and commercial law, and statutory compliance related matters.
Roy is an Elected Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute as well as an international registered consultant with the Association of International Consultants (AIC). In the commercial business landscape, he is also a well respected and influential young dynamic business leader. Roy also speaks at several entrepreneurial forums, summits and dialogue sessions as key note speaker. He is also frequently invited as adjudicator for local and international enterprise competitions.
Roy had since, been awarded 3 national entrepreneurial awards all in a year. Roy also serves as an independent director with Add Profit Holdings Ltd, an offshore investment company.
– Promising SME 500 Award 2012
– Successful Entrepreneur Award 2012
– Top 100 Excellence Award 2012
Service to Profession:
– Member, Singapore Corporate Counsel Association (SCCA) (Committee Member of the Peer Sub-Committee).
– Volunteer, Law Society Pro Bono Services (LSPBS).
– Member, U.K. Constitutional & Administrative Law Bar Association.
– Volunteer Counsel, Thomson Reuters Foundation’s Global Pro Bono Service, TrustLaw.
– International Associate, Magistrates Association (England).
– Member, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators Youth member.
– Singapore International Arbitration Centre Youth Member.
– Member, International Association of Young Lawyers (Brussels).
– Member, Singapore Institute of Directors (Membership & Growth Committee).
– Member, Chief Marketing Officer Council (CMO Council,USA).
– Member, Institute of Certified Business Consultants.
– Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (APEC Committee).
– International Associate, The Professional Mediators’ Association.
– International Associate, Commonwealth Magistrates’ and Judges’ Association.
Note: In the course of the event, photographs of participants/videos or interviews of the participants could be conducted by the company, or its appointed vendors, for the purpose of post event publicity of the respective event, either in the Company’s official publications/website or any third party’s publication/website approved by the Company.
Terms and Conditions:
- Allocation of seats is on a first-come-first serve basis and limited seats for each event.
- The registration fee is due and payable upon registration and must be received prior to the event.
- Payment must be made 07 working days prior to the event date.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon reciept of full payment.
- G&L Chartered Business Consultants Pte Ltd (“The Company”) reserves the right to refuse to register or admit any participant, and to cancel or postpone the course or seminar if it deems fit.
- Email Booking: Charis Soh (Director, Operations) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please kindly contact us at +65 6829 7253 prior to your booking.
Cancellation and Refund of Fees:
- Registration will be deemed closed 01 week prior to the event date or when seats are filled. (i.e. If the event is dated 05th June 2017, the closing date shall be 29th May 2017).
- Participants who cancels their registartaion before the commencement date shall be liable to pay the percentage of the event set out as follow;
(i) 20 days before commencement date: 25% of event fee.
(ii) 19 to 08 days before commencement date: 50% of event fee.
(iii) 07 days or less before commencement date: 100% of event fee.
Participant who is unable to attend the event due to medical exigencies will be subjected to a cancellation fee of 50% of event fee.