- From: May 17, 2017
- To: May 18, 2017
- Starting at: 10:00 AM
- Finishing at: 05:00 PM
- $ 488.00
- 10 Anson Road
- International Plaza, #28-15
- Training Duration: 2 days (10a.m – 5p.m).
- Venue: 10 Anson Road, International Plaza, #28-15, Singapore 079903.
- Fee: $488 (PIC Claimable for corporate companies)
- Suitable Job Level: Managerial, Supervisory, Operational, PMETs & Business Owners.
- Course materials + 2 Lunches & Tea-Breaks provided.
- Email Booking: Charis Soh, (Director Operations) at email@example.com or call 6829 7253.
The objective of the workshop is to provide learners basic understanding on the importance of integrating QMS ‘quality management system’ in business organization, through learning concepts and practical hands-on. Through the acquisition of QMS knowledge, learners will develop skills that are deemed beneficial for career progression and to bring such skills and knowledge to practical application back at the work place.
The 02-day workshop begins with the importance of goal setting and requirement for organization planning. Learners will be given practical hands-on exercises as organization planners by learning the different approaches and perspectives in various level in an organization (i.e. Executive, Junior management and senior management).
Through the practical hands-on, learners will have the opportunity to work with fellow learners from other industries, and exchanging best practices. Group discussions will also allow learners to effectively mind map for ideas, challenges and fill gaps in their organizational plans. As so to align the plan with the company objective and goals.
The second part of the workshop will focus on the basic concept of ISO, for non-ISO professionals. The structure of QMS will be taught and role-play will help learners to internalize their experience, and improve skills in planning and documentation. Understanding QMS is one of the critical attributes to business success. Learners will gain better understanding from the concept of ‘PDCA’.
At the end of the workshop, it will better prepare learners in the application of their knowledge, skill in establishing efficacy in business operations and processes of ISO quality.
Meet the Trainer:
Ow Yew Wah
Yew Wah graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Business from the Open University (U.K). Yew Wah is an experience veteran in the corporate and commercial landscape of 28 years. Prior to joining G&L, Yew Wah had spent more than 2 decades with a global and dynamic banking organization the ‘Citigroup/Citibank NA Singapore’ (Citigroup), as its Vice-President.
During his career at Citigroup, Yew Wah rosed the rank-and-file to Vice-President. He had also served in a regional processing center part of Citigroup, that supports corporate consumer and global wealth private banking for the last 15 years, in various roles. Yew Wah than joined the United Overseas Bank (Singapore) in 2015, as its Vice-President of the Retail Card Operations Centre.
Business Management Consultation Practice:
Yew Wah’s practices mainly focus on, high volume operation management, people management, learning and development, quality and productivity improvement, project management, quality assurance, risk and control, compliance, business contingency, self- assessment and audit review.
High Level Project Management Experiences:
- Contractual Assignments at SGX: Quality Assurance Team / Special projects relating to Government Securities and Derivatives.
- Leading projects in ‘SOX’, internal and external audit reviews.
- Leading ISO Committees (ISO 9000, ISO14000, OHSAS – ISO18000), in providing management support and guidance to the ISO steering committees in integration of ISO standards.
- Leading national quality frameworks projects like, Singapore Quality Award (equivalent to Malcom Balridge award), People Excellence Award and Innovation Class Award.
- Represented the award winning Regional Processing Center in presenting best practices on the topic of, “Organizational Development” and “People Development” at seminars organised by SPRING and Civil Service College.
Awards & Achievements:
- Citigroup Service Excellence Award.
- National Productivity Award.
- Star Award for a special and short project.
- Awarded Regional Processing Center, which has won accolades like SQA, People Excellence, Innovation Class and People Developer.
- Member, Singapore Human Resources Institute (MSHRI), Sub-Committee (International HR Partnership Project).
- APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Committee).
- Member of the IAL / AEN (Adult Education Network) Interest Group.